Thursday, February 25, 2010

Wild Alaskan Salmon Salad

Here's something you can make the night before and bring to work with you in some tupperware with some sliced up cucumbers or on top of a salad for lunch. Oh, it also goes really well with avocado! Sorry about the crappy pictures, all I had was my phone.


$2.68 at Giant... wild-caught, sustainable, omega-3 rich Alaskan salmon.


That's two omega-3 egg yolks in there with the juice of one lemon, a pinch of salt, and a spoonful of mustard. Blend it. Then, keep the blender on as you slowly pour in oil.


This is what it should look like when it's done. Mayonnaise.


Mix as much of that as you want with the salmon, basically until it attains the consistency of tuna salad. I chopped up some apple, shallot, and scallion and threw it in there. Black pepper. You could put some parsley or celery and carrots in there... whatever you like. From start to finish, the whole process took me about 5-10 minutes.

Update: I just spooned out the salmon salad onto cucumber slices and put bacon bits on them. A few of them I even put a little blue cheese under the bacon.

No comments:

Post a Comment