Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Cooking tips for busy folk

One thing that has pleasantly surprised me about paleo is that despite my very busy schedule, I've managed to cook for myself on many nights, or at least have enough leftovers to assemble a tasty, veggie-heavy plate of food.

I usually prepare for the week by doing some batched cooking on Saturday or Sunday. Often I cook more than one thing in the oven at the same time--baking fish in one dish and then doing a few sweet potatoes, or doing sweet potatoes at the same time as a spaghetti squash. Then I have portions that I can mix and match for a number of dinners and lunches. (And, sometimes, breakfast.)

The other thing that surprised me was my misperception that vegetables take a long time to prepare and cook. Tonight, I peeled, sliced, and steamed some turnips for dinner in less time than it takes to make macaroni and cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment